Sunday, November 25, 2012

Training during the Holiday Season

     For many people the holiday season represents a time surrounded by family, friends, good food and lots of parties.    While I have always loved this time of year and all the hoopla, I have always seen this time of year to reflect back on the year that has passed. I think of loved ones, friends and people who have influenced my life in a positive way.   Most of these people have been my past training partners.  The pain of losing a family member never leaves, the same could be said for my dojo mates who have passed. The experiences I have had with my training partners have forged us as an extended family.

     I look back on the old times with many emotions, but mostly as a time to rededicate myself to my training as a salute to my training partners who can no longer train with me. Many of them died in tragic ways, way before their time, others died doing what they loved and passed away on the mat. So I dedicate my training during the holiday season to the memories of my fallen friends and heroes....Gramps, Steve, Tony, Trevor, Jack and Barry.

I bow respectfully,

Joe Brogna

No comments:

Post a Comment